Monday, October 30, 2006

...dribble, sniff, gnuhh...

It's been a while since my last entry I know but if "anon" is correct then it's not worth reading any way, then again the main reason behind any weBLOG is a selfish one, it's just a diary that you don't mind people reading and don't really give a rats ass about what they think of your random mutterings and rants. Isn't it?

Just getting over a pesky little cold, (or if you're of the female persuasion, man flu) just got the head and sinus' stuffed with cotton wool feeling left. The random nose gag only lasted a couple of days, pity really as guessing what nostril would run next and for how long and in what colour was keeping me amused for hours at a time. Thankfully the comedy cough didn't last too long, the sort of wheezing judder that had black and purple flashes going off behind my eyes, I was lucky if I was sitting down when I coughed, as the first time I did one I ended up sitting on the floor in a confused state and my head swimming, again hours of fun for the family.

Here I am sitting in front of the same computer in the same classroom I was in a few weeks back when I did the ECDL, this time I'm doing the MOUS course and already my brain is starting to bleed and I'm yet to get to the really hard questions, two weeks of keyboard pounding fun, what joy! Still it's what I wanted to do.

The Great South Run was on down here the week before last, I didn't run myself ( those who know me will know why) but I acted as the support unit for some friends who did run it. The race was run, everyone was fantastic, money was raised for all sorts of charities and the weather was dreadfull. I have never before been as soaked to the skin while on dry land as I was that day, wetter than an otter in a washing machine. I'm afraid that while I was waiting for my friends to finish and come to the pickup point I did loose my sense of humor and when I found out that they where waiting behind a skate park while I was out in the middle of a field and experiencing the second stage of hypothermia, needless to say that I did have a bit of a grump on and left them to it then had to squelch the 3 miles back to my digs. It's amazing how warm you can get by just taking off wet clothes and having a mug of coffee with brandy instead of milk, Mmmmm.

Bought myself a big, warm and above all WATERPROOF coat on Monday.

Hurahh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

3 miles? Don't you mean kilometers?
I'm confused....
Not really. Man flu, though, sounds as though you've had an unhealthy influx of men. Which is fine!

Ed said...

3 miles, 3 kilometers, 3 Aardvarks...
The point is I was cold, wet and feeling a bit put upon and can therfore over estimate with impunity. So there.