Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Full house

Today M+D came round for lunch and as they were leaving their place big sis phoned them to say that she was on the way down for a visit with the girls, K + N. The upshot was they all came to mine instead, even nephew came around.
I was doing grilled line caught tuna steaks with a salad of cherry tomatoes, celery, cucumber, baby new potatoes (pricked and boiled with garlic, then drained and allowed to cool) and a bed of mixed shredded lettuce to put the tuna on for myself and M+D.
Big sis and the girls had doughnuts, that big sis brought with her. Non of them fancied the tuna salad, all turned their noses up at the dish, probably because it either didn't come between two bits of bread, or needed to be topped up with boiling water, stirred and left to stand for 1 minute or have the words 'meal'-'fried'-'happy'-'deep' ( pick your own order). If they could refuse the fresh grilled tuna I thought it best not to mention the peppered mackerel fillets. No, they do eat healthy food, it's just that they're not big on fish. In fact big sis is a very skilled chef, she went to catering college and can...(HA ha ha OW the pain Ha HA HA)... I nearly got thru' that last bit with a straight face.
The weather was so good that while the youngsters played with my wii in the front room, the grownups sat out in the yard under a surprisingly clear blue sky and enjoying the bright sunshine. There was some scattered cloud and a bit of a breeze, so every once in a while it did get a little chilly, but only for a while. An ideal day for me to wash some towels and get them onto the line, I even managed to do some clothes too. Forgive me for banging on about the sunshine, it's just that we've only had about 3 1/2 days of it this summer.

My new found love affair for all things airsoft continues unabated as you can see...


I don't think M+D approve and big sis seemed less than thrilled, well they do look very realistic and could easily be confused for the real thing (from a distance).
Nephew was made up and agreed with me that the shotgun was good fun to shoot and is way more accurate than the Glock 23 and a smidge more powerfull, I broke a milk bottle at 7 yards before.

Tonight's "book at bedtime" is , "Modern England 1885-1945*" vol 8 in a series of 8, by Sir J.A.R. Marriott (I'm not making this up), this edition printed in 1963.
I've just looked inside the cover and read a stamp that states , "this book is the property of the Portsmouth Southern Grammar School for Girls", I don't remember attending that school.
Even looking thru' the index nearly had me snoring my head off and if it wasn't for some interesting old Empire maps at the back I'd probably be in a sound sleep right now.

Tonight's nightcap is warm milk with two spoons of drinking chocolate and some nutmeg.

You know what, it's going to be waking up in a timely manner tomorrow morning that's going to be the problem, not getting to sleep.

* published in the UK by Methuen & Co Ltd, and in New York by Barnes &Noble Inc

I thought, "they'll never believe it's a real book."

So here is the proof...
trouble ahead...

4 comments:

OLPP said...

That's so great! School for girls! You rule, Ed.

Unknown said...

Dude, are you planning on invading a small country? Your arsenal is very impressive but you had better make sure your enemy has thin skin...or make sure they don't have some packing boxes to sheild themselves with....invasions need planning.

Can you get air power nuclear devices? Or air powered bear traps? Now that would be cool.

Ashley

Ed said...

No, BUT you can get airsoft grenades and claymore mines.

The bastard child of Gene Hunt said...

Me, the 13th Duke of Wimbledon alone in the library of the Portsmouth Southern Grammar School for Girls with my reputation, what were they thinking?