Friday, July 18, 2008

34mm

That's how big T's and my developing child is from crown to rump.
See for yourself...


We even got to see the heart beating.
This bundle of cells is 10 weeks 6 days and is just over 1/2 the size of my thumb, yet we saw the heart beating!
I only thought that the kicking started when the growing sprog was running out of space. No, the kicking is already going on. As we watched the little thing was moving her arms and legs with gusto. Either swimming or playing football, or something.

Something like that can change a person. There where lots of smiles and "looks" between me and T and the screen. Lots of silent finger pointing towards the screen and then smiles leading to giggles.
"That's ours, that is."

When I said I'd never have children, I did not know I would live so long.

Tracy, I love you.

TTFN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my GOD, Ed! You're going to be a Daddy! Make me cry, why don't you! I'm so pleased for you! And when Baby Katherine Ivan is wearing lovely hand knit items from her aunties in the States, you'll be glad you wondered what all the fuss was about.

That's one of the most beautiful babies I've ever seen! I'm really, really, truly happy for the two of you! The FIVE of you!!!