Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I think I've just been mugged....

Yep happy is the dad who knows he's a dad and doesn't know what it all means, yet.

T has two lovely lads and now that it's the summer I can see us spending some quality time together, just got to figure out a way of doing it that won't see us all in the workhouse.

For eg, I kissed T farewell at her work and left with the boys for my house.

I felt fairly flush as I kissed T

We met at mine less than 6hrs later and my wallet felt that I had been mugged.

I did nothing.

All the lads had was:-

1. 1 hair cut
2. 2 pairs of trainers
3. (the dreaded) Mc D's
4. A ball
5. Ice cream
6. The bus

And I was over $120 light.

I'm getting to like them and who knows I may love them as my own but at $120 for a big mac, WTF!!!!

Ah, fatherhood.

You know Tom Hanks' character in "Big"? well that's how I feel some times when I'm with them.
A big kid with a paycheque.

Love 'em.


Just been told by T that soon the sprog will be twice the size as it is now, holly hell!

So happy I don't have hair.

Even more happy about my love for T.


TTFN

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweetie, that is how you will ALWAYS feel. My first baby is almost 12 and I still feel like I'm 12. Back me up here, Ed's other readers who are also parents!

Bezzie said...

olpp is right. This is just the sweet beginning. YOu're lucky that you've got T's boys to wean you into it--most guys don't get that luxury! ;-)

Anonymous said...

This is a message for all Ed's readers.

I have photos of him when he had hair......bidding begins at midnight!!

Ed, this is something i never thought i'd get to say to you mate, your going to be a fantastic father.

Nobby

Anonymous said...

Dude,

If you want to save a little cash while looking after the kids, shave their heads while they sleep. That way they won't need regualr hair cuts.

And instead of trainers just cut their feet off.

See, I'm always thinking. lol.

Glad you settling into family life Mr Ed. See you in a few weeks too.

Ashley

Ed said...

It's not so bad and on the up side they're nice lads (99%of the time).

Bezzie, you're right in saying most blokes don't have the luxury and for that reason I do feel quite privileged.

Nobby! You swore you'd never mention those photos.
Getting nervous the closer to home you get? you could always run away to sea. Oops, too late.

Ash, I'm with you on the hair but the feet becoming stumps would be too messy. Money saved on shoes would be spent on cleaners.

TTFN

Jo said...

Ed, your enthusiasm for all of this is making me smile.

Here's a brain-exploding expense for you - it took Willow 5 tries to pass the Eel level in swimming lessons... at $60 a pop! Toward the end I was tempted to jump in the pool with her and yell at the instructor to make her do it (they were being too easy on her - all she wanted to do was play). She eventually passed...

Ed said...

Hi Jo,
T's lads are born sportsmen. They excel at any sport (more so if a ball is involved) but swim as if they had webbed feet, which they don't, thank you so very much.
I hope that Sprog will be similar (given the massive drag factor of daddy, I doubt she will be as good). But swimming will be learned like my lesson.
"PUSH"..."SPLASH"...I'm drowning!..."Nah, You'll be fine, keep splashing"
"splash, splash, splash, splash, splash, splash."


"BASTARDS!"

Not drowned yet.