Monday, March 10, 2008

A few things that caught my eye

Fairly quiet here (this blog) of late and the blame rests with known human T.

But in between chatting to T and doing stuff in my back yard one day I went to the "corner shop", there to get a 2Lt bottle of Dandelion and Burdock and get my gas card topped up (that's natural gas for cooking and heating NOT petrol for a car).

Whilst in the shop I saw this...
I thought, if that was a loo roll then they must be getting ready for a really hot curry, but seeing as it's a roll of kitchen towel, it was probably put in there by a toddler.

On my way back home I saw this old fool playing chicken, notice the crossing in the (too far to walk to) foreground...
In the photo you'll notice that there is hardly any traffic, this is not normal for this busy, often extremely busy road. What you also can't see is the old guys walking stick, he is so unsteady on his legs he should be in a wheel chair, to get to where he is has taken about three minutes, of traffic dodging, stick waving, heart stopping terror.
The old fella was actually giving out to the traffic for not stopping for him and letting him pass (what are they? stupid or something? Don't they know that elderly men with death wishes have right of way on a Friday?).
It's important to remember that the crossing was only put there by the council after the fourth small child had been killed while trying to cross the race track that this road is most of the time.
And then we get old fools like that. I'm sure that if he wanted to kill himself some pills and a bottle of scotch would be less messy.

And finally, this is what I was doing in my back yard. I got a new galvy incinerator bin and was burning a ton of old receipts and some leaves. I put the lid on and this happened...
But this is as nothing compared to the flames that issued forth just after the lid was removed. I sent Ash some pics of the flames after I had calmed down and then stopped shaking enough to take pictures of them. What fun.

Anyhow TTFN peeps.

4 comments:

Ed's next door neighbour said...

Aha. So the smoke/flames would have nothing to do with the liquid that was being squirted down the chimney?! ;)

buttercup said...

Are you sure that old fool wasn't from NYC? People have the right of way not cars.

"I'm walkin here!" (classic movie quote which has become a commonly heard phrase in NYC)

Anonymous said...

Fire Fire FIRE mwah ha ha (evil laugh).

Bezzie said...

Hee, this my friend is why I aspire to someday own a cell phone camera--or a purse big enough to hold a digital camera. I'm not that girly yet.