Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Where does my time go? or Son of cliche...

It's a whirlwind having T back in my life. It seems that my time is no longer mine, but"ours".
Even when she's at work (supposedly busy), we're in almost constant contact, weather by IM or text and the occasional call.
The only reason I can do this entry now is that the office she's in to day, she has no email for.
But even tho' my little bubble of a life has been given a massive shake by T's return and like I said about my time being our time, I don't care.

I like it.

I like it a lot.

And would miss it if things where different.


I'm the frowning po faced miserable sod you see in the street, stomping around at a brisk pace, doing what needs to be done, going where I need to go to in one journey, no detours and no meandering.
That was then.

This is now.
I bimbble about the place, with a somewhat bemused grin on my weather beaten mess of a mush, often forgetting what it is I'm supposed to be doing or indeed where it is I'm going to or from. T is never far from my thoughts and neither is the thought that she actually wants to spend her time with me, odd that.


But this is the bit that wyrds me out, our thoughts seem to be aligning, we think of similar things at almost the same time, myself lagging a little behind T. Stuff like this was happening almost 17 years ago.
A sign that we're meant to be together?
I hope so.


Thanks to T, I now have things written in my diary.
A diary! For Bob's sake!
The diary was a stocking filler off my mum this xmas gone, I'm sure she thought, "that was a waste of money, he never uses them." And ordinarily she would be right. But now it has reminders in for football matches, trampoline sessions (her two lads, not us), fund raisers and black tie do's.
It would seem that I am living in interesting times, but in a bloody fantastic way.

T asked that when she and the lads are come around to mine on Saturday after the lads soccer match, that I hide my airsoft rifs. She asked me on Monday evening.
Now here's my question.
Is it love when all my rifs are already in bits and hidden away in their cabinet by Tuesday afternoon?

17 years ago T was the light to my life, a light that I foolishly tossed away for a reason I thought sound and for her best interest, at the time, but later lived to regret.
Now my life has that light again and I've not been this happy for a very long time.


And now for my knitty chums, a gratuitous wool shot. (it's a bit blurry, soss)

TTFN

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mate, that is so great. Would this be the same T you used to mention when we served together on the Bristol?
In the Red Sea now, getting damn hot, unsurprisingly.
I gather K has been in touch ref and August wedding? Shiiit, gotta get organised!!
Nobbzz

Anonymous said...

Dude,

Sounds like you are gushing, virtually blushing and tittering like a school girl. Sir I declare you a giggling, pink fluffy headed cloud or a person floating through a world of greyness.

Good to hear you in such high spirits.

Ashley

PS...that hardcore wool shot is pure filth. I feel dirty just thinking about it.

Anonymous said...

Hooray! I'm so happy for you. Glad you recovered from the dog egg incident!

Thryn

Anonymous said...

Oh you're so sweet and adorable. I knew I liked you for a good reason. Does T knit? Can I teach her when I come to England on my world tour?

Bezzie said...

Awwwww...so cute. Hee hee.

Ed's next door neighbour said...

Hehehe. Our rufty tufty neighbour (well, less tufty since the beard disappeared) has gone all soppy!!

Glad you're enjoying life (*wondering if I can get back from the farmer's market in time to twitch curtains when said visitors arrive ...* ;))

Anonymous said...

So happy for both of you,a move in the right direction. Gorsedale Park.