Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I'm tired of hanging around the house, let's go take in a show

Some famous and ill advised last words of the 16th president of the USA.

But thoughts that where mirrored in my mind recently.
So myself and my first lady went to see a production of the "Little shop of horrors" at the Wirral grammar school for boys last night.

It was touch and go weather we would get kicked out half way thru. This was because T had mislaid the tickets some days previously, but you'll be pleased to know that this was OK as it was my fault. So some fast talking at the door and we where allowed in.
Just before curtain up, one of the women T knows who is a trampolinist, came along with the three tickets that had been put by to replace the ones that had gotten lost due to my carelessness a week ago while I was on the phone to myself (clear?). So that was three new tickets for T and her two lads, righhhht.
What about me?!
Well apparently there was a ticket (paid for and everything) that was going to be dropped, by the lead actor, a nice chap who does the trampoline thing too and who rejoices in the name of Tom Jones.

The long and short of it was this, I never had a ticket. The show was brilliant, even if the singing got dangerously high for some of the cast once or twice.
The lad playing the dentist was bloody good, reinforced all my fears of the dentist all over again.
The Audrey II was fantastic. From a little immobile flower with lips in a pot, to a giant stage filling mutant talking flower with lips and arms.
The show was one of the very small number of stage productions that my disbelief was suspended and willingly too.
A great evening.
Go and see it, it's on till the 15th march

It's been a bit blowy here the last couple of days, still is in fact.
Turned on the telly in the bedroom this morning to see what damage had been done to the area and that's when I had my first indication of how bad it was last night. The news wasn't good. It would seem at first glance at the screen that my expensive aerial is very poorly indeed, as there is no picture or sound or data for any channel. B'lox!
My aerial is now flopping about and pointing in a mostly down direction. Arse biscuits!
Good job I've got cable as well.

Well got to go now, have to check that the roof is still on as it's still gusting to about 80mph outside.

TTFN

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Windy???? EFFING WINDY down hear matey....2.30 am Monday I thought someone had placed a jet engine outside my bedroom window. It actually started to dislodge the UPVC frame out the wall in my bedroom.

My already shonky looking fences are even wobblier and the streets are awash with litter where all the wheelie bins got thrown around.

And you at the theatre? Will wonders never cease. This female influence in your life is obviously doing you good.

Laters

Ashley

Trillian42 said...

We'll make a theatre fan of you yet, Ed!

I love Little Shop - my college did it when I was there. Awesome show.

Ed's next door neighbour said...

You'll be persuaded to see Sweeney Todd yet!!

Our aerial is tucked up in the loft and still was breaking up last night. I think it was probably the worst wind I can remember - certainly since we've been here anyways. The M53 was just a little bit entertaining this morning. Here's hoping it calms down soon.

Bezzie said...

Watch out for falling trees!