Monday, April 30, 2007

Ginger

Did some channel hopping a few mins ago and got to see a prog on BBC3 (also available on line) about peeps who had ginger (not red ) hair. The guy making the show was a red head and he followed the red/ginger route. It boils down to how do you see gingers, do you see them as mingers or peeps with different coloured hair than yourself?

For me... I like the colour RED. My eldest niece is a red. Short but red and we all love her for being.... herself. And red, not strawberry blonde!

I myself have a red beard, well I would if it wasn't Grey. I got "male pattern baldness" at 21 ( I blame the head gear the navy make you wear), so now the only hair I can grow on my head is on my face and instead of being brown as is all the rest, it is red except when it is being grey. Does that make sense?

In fact, my first memorable kiss with a girl, was near my grandparents and if I remember aright she lived opposite, was a few years older than me, had a mop of red/ ginger hair....

....AND I LOVED IT!!!


Look, if current data is to be believed, the reds have only a few more generations left before the genes are bread out and we are all either black or white. How crap will that be?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does this mean there will be a save the endangered Ginger groups like we have with polar bears?

Without the ginger around who will get teased at school?

Ashley

Ed said...

I suppose that could happen. But if they do go the way of the dodo there's always specky kids.