Monday, September 04, 2006

Frustration (or isn't modern tech wonderful)

Right lets get the important stuff out of the way beffore the battery gives out.

Pop-ups are still being blocked, even tho I've turned it off, so guess what?

no spell check, so forgive my ignorance of the English lasagne.

This pic is the front cover of the best book I've got, it was a late birthday present from Ash. Cheers Ash this book is FABAROO, it tells young and older chaps all they need to know about stuff and things, marvelous.


And this is the back of the book, it says it all realy



This jar of mustard, is ablolutly mustard if you get my drift, just the right amount of chillies in it, another gift off Nobby and Kath. Only one tiny little problem....


...It's just too small and wont last, I doublt it will even make it home.


And here we have a pic of me, taken using the v3 and then washed thru the computer. Some might say (those who know me) the best pic of me in all the world

RIGHT.

Pleasantries over with it's time for a bejou rant, a rantette if you will.

I just thought it would be nice to post the pics above and to say thank to those responsible, so over to the internet cafe I troll laptop in bag. I used to be able to see the bloke pay the money and he would give me the WAP key and I would be away.

Not anymore! No. Now you have to get a paypal account, and pay for the connection over the net, the comp automaticly connects to the network then when you go on line the log in appears for paypal and asks for your details before allowing you access to the web. What happens if, like me you don't do the whole internet shopping and here are all my bank details, thing?

I don't even have a credit card, not because no one will give me one, I just don't want one. But this is one of many such (in)convenient things offf late that have proved that I should get a credit card, one more bit of plastic in my wallet.

Anyway here I am connected to the net, eventualy (the server went down), and the sun's gone in and it's getting next to impossibe to see, the only light is comming from the screen of the laptop and I think the "f" key is on the way out, it just doesn't feel right, sort of sticky.

Final rant I promise.

Do you ever feel the need to kick a puppy when dealing with your tech support guys? I do, I'm getting cheesed off having to phone them every week to see if they can possibly fit a bit of mantenance in on the machines in my workshop, one lathe has developed a squeek that's getting anoying, the other lathe's coolant pump doesn't work (the new one was written of in seconds thanks to the idiot who fitted it forgetting to clear out the reason that the first one died, namely swarf. GIT) and to top it all the only milling machine we have decided to go on the fritz just when I needed to use it. Anyway, I think I deserve a medal for keeping calm and not getting truely offensive with the IDIOT on the other end of the phone, because they realy deserve a good flogging for being so vacant and dense.

Right that's it I'm off for now as it's realy dark now.

3 comments:

Karen said...

A belated Happy Birthday wish to you.

OLPP said...

ed! it was your birthday and you didn't tell me? what kind of overseas, really hit and miss friend are you? or am i?
this is dreadful.

happy birthday! i have to tell PK. i bet the two of us could whip up something reeeeeeeeeeeally special for yoU!

Ed said...

thanks for the birthday wishes form K.P. and O.L.P.P.