Monday, September 25, 2006

ON LINE AGAIN AT LONG LAST

I feel dreadful for not being able to update this blog for the last two weeks, just thinking about my poor readers left with nothing to read, poor things.

Where to begin. Such a lot has happened, yeah right.

The reason I haven't been adding to this steaming pile is that the internet cafe that I use has decided to be closed at the weekends. Must be raking in pots of cash during the week and making enough from the wireless users over the weekends. I don't have a wireless account as you have probably worked out. I have a laptop that is capable of doing the whole wireless thang, but I do lack a credit card, something that you need to set up a wireless account. Now I could use my payment card to set up the account but Satan will be driving the snow plough before I give those details out over the net, so until I join every other adult human on this rock and get a credit card my blog entries will be fairly sporadic.

Right that's the excuse out of the way, so on with the show.

Got a rather nasty pic from dad the other day, it was of himself in a hospital bed with a gauze pad over one eye, he sent it to my phone after he had been discharged from the hospital. I got the shock of my life when I first saw it, I'd forgotten that he was going in to have a mole removed from that bit of the face between the tear duct and the bridge of the nose. Just had a chat with him ten mins ago and he said that when he changed the dressing on it he had a good look ad where the mole was and decided that it looked just like a bullet hole, nice.

To change the subject from terrible to tasty.
The chefs here at work did themselves proud on friday last, one of them made a load of home made fishcakes, yum! So nice are they that I had one for each meal all weekend, the best ones they did had salmon in them, flippin' 'eck they was goooood!
Also no chilly this weekend as the mate who's place I normaly go to to cook the chilly was away visiting friends with his other half, so now we're all in the middle of the worst case of cold turkey and are willing the weekend to come around NOW!!!

What to do with my time when I'm not making the worlds best chilly on a saturday?

I know I'll do a spot of shopping. Went to the asda to get a few bits and bobs most importannt of all was some goats milk and some socks. I know this isn't a very rock star style sounding life, well guess what I'm not a rockstar. Anyhoo, walked past the part that has all the music and dvd's and had to stop and get a few things, I know I could have walked past but you know how it is. The upshot of the trip was that I left the store with the following,

  • "more songs to learn and sing"- Album by Echo and the bunnymen (wow)
  • "i'm not dead"- Album by Pink (very good)
  • "Ta-Dah"- Album by the Scissor sisters (only one half decent track on the whole waste of plastic)
  • Weird science (a classic along with Ferris B's day off)

Got to dash lesson resumes in a few mins, see you all soon.

3 comments:

Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

I am going to use the phrase "Flippin' 'eck" as much as possible today.

Oh, and if you think of it, send a cheery note to OldLadyPenPal, she lost her job today. But she's not too sad about it.

OLPP said...

oh my gosh, look how much PK loves me.
ed, i was worried about you. sorry about your dad, but sounds like he's all right again. and GOOD CALL on the Echo and the Bunnymen! i absolutely LOVE them. that's it, you and i are pals forever.

Anonymous said...

Nice one from bullet hole, keepup the good work.