Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Thinking putty and hammers

Lets start off by saying tp PK, by all means use "flippin' 'eck" as much as you can get away with and you could try using "ecky thump!" as a form of exclamation or indication of mild surprise.

Next, Bad news about OLPP losing her job, that sucks lots (that is of course if she liked her job I suppose, if not it's probably party time), hope you get another one soon.

But what is it about putty and hammers, that I have yet to talk about. Settle back and I'll begin.

Last year a friend of mine was given a tin of this remarkable STUFF (it's so remarkable it requires capital letters) by his then girlfriend (now soon to be wife, ahhh).

On the tin it said you could stretch it, bounce it, snap it, mould it and shatter it. That is the odd thing about this STUFF it could do all that and if left in a ball across slightly open fingers would slowely run through said fingers like a Dhali painting of some clocks, wow.
It was only a matter of about 5 mins before either myself or his brother ( we both get blamed for so many things involving stupid stuff it's often difficult to remember who came up with what daft idea or other) suggested that we go to the shed, find a hammer and see if it really could shatter just like the tin boasted. Now I still maintain that my friend was up for the idea, but all it took was the smallest of small glances ( that lasted all of a pico second) from his girl friend and the brilliant hammer gag was stopped, permanently(BOOO!!)

Or so it would seem....

The other week while out trying to do away with my disposable income in the shop called "Game" I was at the checkout paying for some chips for the PSP when I glanced down and saw tins of thinking putty, you know, the STUFF. There was almost a sonic boom as the first tin to hand was plucked from the shelf and banged down in front of a very surprised assistant. The STUFF was mine at last (I'd only ever seen it in gadget catalogues before) and it wasn't long before thoughts of hammers and anvils and the STUFF entered my overheated mind, what fun.

The scene now shifts to my workshop the next day, there is me, a hammer, a co-worker and the STUFF in a ball on the work bench. Well long story short as I have to go back to work in a min or two.
Whack! Down comes the hammer. Bang! goes the putty and bits of the STUFF take off in all directions making a noise like a brace of partriges leaving cover at speed. We spent the next forty minutes looking for the stuff, because it bounces non of the bits landed where we expected. Great days.

TTFN.

3 comments:

OLPP said...

well, what is it? and what is a pico second? and losing my job is GREAT!
i am now free to start substitute teaching before i start my masters degree in january!

Ed said...

Right lets see...

shop bought goo.smaller than a millionth of a second and Hurah.

Masters in what?

Got to dash lesson is due to start.

Anonymous said...

Hey there fella, Its Ashley, finally remembered that I had your blog address on my phone, so I've been reading through your entries...coolness...glad to see my inclusion into the blame game, its so unfair that we get accused of things....when man discovered fire and preceeded to scorch the planet did we blame physics? Did we blame God? Did we blame prometheus? no, they always blame those with the imagination to push the boundries...people like us.

catch you later alligator