Saturday, September 02, 2006

Nothing much to report

Been back at work a few days, it having been a bank holiday an' all and it's been rather dull, both job wise and weather wise. Hardly worth the effort of turning up for work, so one day this week I didn't even bother, too naughty for hell or what?

Round at a friends house (if you look to the bottom of this blog you'll see I've described him as fiend, that was deliberate) today for a BBQ, however we seem to be in mid April as it's being very persistent outside. It's not really a problem as we can bring the chilly season forward a bit, it just means that yours truly is doing the cooking instead of my mate doing the BBQ, ho hum.

I'm using some of the chilies from the bushes he (my friend) recently got at a fair, actually I'm using a whole heap of the damned things as they are not that hot, I may have to stoop to using chill powder or crushed chilies to bring a little bit of heat to the savory mince I seem to have made by mistake. I'm sure that given a few years tho that the chilly plants he has will be real world beaters and burn the tongue out af an asbestos rhino (we can live in hope I suppose).

Brought my laptop with me so that I could install the software for my phone as my friend, his brother and me all have the same/similar phone that's now done, all works well. I was also hoping to update this blog with some photos, that I took with said phone whilst on my mammoth journey from Liverpool to Portsmouth (via London) {9 and a half bloody hours, thanks to a train strike! GITS!} but the battery ran out of juice and guess who forgot to bring his leads with him? DUHHH! I could have sworn that I packed them, ah well.
It's a pity really as when I turned on the laptop it detected an unsecured wireless network, I managed to update windows and my antivirus software and spyware software, which was cool, not ethical and morally dubious but NOT illegal, not my fault if some body doesn't know what they're doing, MWhhaahaha!! Still you gotta laugh.

Mate's brother asked to use the laptop to edit some music so he could change his ring tones on his phone, of course I said yes, and so he sat there whiling the time away in a happy little world of his own editing music tracks into functioning ring tones, nice. However, he was saving them all as a default save and so regardless of how many he did he still ended up with only one ring tone after forty minutes as they where saving one over the other, never mind. Just a pity that at the same time he realised this the battery upped and died. Better luck next time.

Read in the paper the other day about some old bloke Who had retired but had then got bored and so had gone back to work, he works for a car hire place and he's employed as a general mechanic and car washer, and he was ordered to take a day off on his birthday, actually ordered, well he is 100 years old. Yes I know what you're thinking, "this is a made up story that smells of the country", but I assure you dear reader that it is true, it was in the Mirror and in the Daly Mail so it has to be true (at least I didn't read it in the sun or the news of the world).

Oh yeah, before I go, must tell you that while I was in London waiting for a train out of the capital and closer to the coast, I met up with a mate who I haven't seen in over eight years, he has hardly changed, ok his heads a bit smoother but the eyes and the manic grin are still the same (SCARY!), had a couple of pints of cider while I waited for my connection, caught up on a few bits and bobs and agreed to meet up again one weekend either here or there. Good.

Here's another little gem 'afore I go.
Doctors in the UK say that fat chicks can't have IVF....Discuss.

1 comment:

OLPP said...

huh? no in-vitro fertilization for chubbies? whyever not?