Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Blog stalker

Who am I? Hmmm.

I sometimes wonder that myself, although not that often.

Here's a pic of what used to be my computer room and is now my junk room. If you analyse the image all that clutter is me to a T. It tells you the obvious first, I'm into computers, gaming, digital photography on the cheap, I was in the Royal Navy as a CPO, that I like target shooting and that I never read manuals.


Since leaving my last job in the military the Peacock/Rebel in me has come to the fore. I can now grow the goatee that I always wanted...
And then dye it Purple, as you do...

I ordered the dye from a place called Urbanity here in the U.K. I ordered it in the May so that I'd have it for lil sis' wedding, it arrived at the end of August. Go figure.

I got this for Xmas from a friend and first I thought "WTF!", but it works very well at taking the shine off a freshly shaved swede...
Some years back my family "bought" a star for me, and here's the deed...


Here is spare head one...
I love the concept of phrenology, imagine being able to tell someone's personality from feeling the bumps on their heads. In one of Terry Pratchett's books there is a troll who by using a rig and a selection of hammers can change your personality, if only that where possible.

The captain of the B ark said that "you're never alone with a rubber duck". I don't have a rubber duck but don't worry, I'm never alone. When I watch TV my buddies keep me company and we all love the same shows, Dougal likes the cartoons, Marvin likes the factual programmes and Mutley goes nuts for Sci-Fi...


This is one of the other friends I have, Mr Glock 23f.
There are many like him but this one is mine...


I like games and cooking and so I get to play kitchen sink jenga (cheers PK).
Here is the start of a new game...


I can believe a great many things and have done so in my time.
But "intelligent design" isn't one of them.
Go Darwin...


First in line for my favourite non alcoholic cold drink is this stuff, it's even nice in a pint of cider (just a dash)...


My next favourite cold drink is a stein of milky coffee allowed to go cold, stop going Ew ew barf.

Here is my eye on the universe, with this and given the right conditions I can view my property in the constellation of Cepheus.
Cepheus is Ethiopian for king and the constellation looks a little like a simple crown.

My latest waste of a pound...

It's a great zapper and it's also improving my serve. Hang on what does that label say?


Oh dear. I need an adult, I need an adult.

Speaking of toys, here are some of the things from my toy box that I use every day to help keep me sane...


So has that told you anything about me that you didn't already know?

One last thing, here's me on the alternate Enterpise...


Live long and prosper.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOORAY!!!

A freshly shaven swede? I hope that doesn't mean sack.

A purple goatee! You're so rad, man.
Thanks for playing, poodle. You're the best!

Ed said...

Swede = head

Pervy.

Did I get the assignment right?

Westozcaat said...

you did indeed ed! now all we have to do is get you to pick up the needles :P

Anonymous said...

Oh my god.
I am going to be the BEST MATCHMAKER EVER and one of the knittyheads will fall in love with you, Ed, and I m SO coming to your wedding! I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sillyrabbit said...

That's the best blog stalker post EVER!

Jo said...

So... when do you have to break out the spare heads?

kemtee said...

It's not every man who can carry off purple. Dang.

But the Glock -- dude, you're so speaking my language now.

The bastard child of Gene Hunt said...

Mate, I didn't know you were a golden coloured translator droid in the Navy. Must have been the Imperial Navy.
Goatees are cool, but 'taches' are de rigueur. I'm growing one right now as a homage to Pearce Brosnan's ‘burnt out’ assassin character in The Matador.
I empathise; someone once made an attempt on my life. They shoved a plastic carrier bag through my letterbox but insidiously scribbled out the part that said, 'to avoid danger of suffocation do not place over head'.

Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

I was thinking Swede meant sack too.

Ed, it fills my heart with giddy glee that you've decided to play with us! OLPP and I are going to have to come visit you. Your job is to research the LYS situation before our arrival so we can maximize our yarn shopping time.

LYS = Local Yarn Shop

You'll have the knitting lingo down in no time. ;)

Speckel said...

Purple goatee? Smashing!

I'm a master of kitchen sink jenga. My husband? Not so much. Many a broken dish there...

Ed said...

Sounds like he needs more practice.

buttercup said...

New stalker here and now I'm totally a fan. I may even be a little bit in love...

Purple goatee, shaved head, gamer, gun owner etc... But what got me was the FG quote. I use it often and no one gets it.

Oh yes - I will stalk you again. ;-)

Ed said...

Hi Buttercup, glad you liked it.
I have a question for you, how do you keep up on 8 blogs?

buttercup said...

I use Bloglines to see who's posted recently. Otherwise I'd miss out on a lot - which I do anyway.

Is that what you meant?

Bob Geldof is really sacrey looking in that pic down there. Not that he was ever a looker or anything but - yeesh!

Ed said...

sorry this answer is late.
yes.
TTFN