Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The great plague of frog

Hello chums,
Today I finally got to de-frost the freezer, a day ahead of schedule but at least now it's done. It was about five to six and I had decided to have a couple of the cod in parsley sauce and some of the microwaveable veg from the freezer. The pan of water for the fish is starting to boil and I go to the freezer for said fishy bits and the bagged veg, it's now that I check the date on both of the packages,
"Good lord! These should have been eaten or thrown out 10 months ago!"
And seeing as I had run the cupboards down as well, anticipating a large shop after the de-frost, I had nothing to eat for tea, blast.
Quick trip to the Asda and £70 later (and that's mostly all Asda's own) and I now have a full fridge freezer and a half full tins cupboard.
I had my fish and veg for supper (18:45), yumm.

It was while I was doing the dishes a couple of hours later that I saw something small and moving fast and low out of the corner of my eye, I thought it was a leaf that had got blown in thru' the open door and so continued with the game of kitchen sink Jenga (stole that off either PK or OLPP), then I saw it again going the other way,
"That's no leaf!"
I go to look and see it is in fact a small and very agile frog/toad (I'm not sure which), I now spend the next 30 mins chasing it around the dinning room with a glass and an unopened bank statement. I would probably have used his M11.





I wouldn't mind if this was the first time the little hopper had trespassed, next time I'll have my 12 gauge handy.


The post bellow where I ask what's so funny about "Got milk?" I was watching an episode of Family Guy called the thin white line. Brian joins the police as a drugs dog, goes bad, gets a habit and it's while he's doing a line in a school toilet, he looks up into the mirror with a white moustachio and says,
"Got milk?"
And then laughs.
I didn't get it. But I do now. Cheers Ash.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for assuming you were drunk! I don't watch Family Guy, and I was unaware that Margaret Thatcher had taken away milk from schoolchildren.
As for kitchen sink Jenga, I can't take any credit. Dishwasher soup, now, sure, but that's gross.

Frog! Frog and Toad are Friends!

Ed said...

Don't fret about it. I often am drunk or on the way there while I blog, just not that time.
That entry is short because I couldn't think of anything to blather on about and wasn't gong to do an entry that evening until the "Got milk?" thing on Family Guy.
TTFN

Unknown said...

Anytime fella,

Never let it be said that my hours of watching TV are useless.

And speaking of Family Guy, Season Three will finally arrive tomorrow. Its the only set I'd not got. And season 6 comes out soon on DVD next month....I'm so gonna have that, I've been watching them on BBC3.

Also, you need to desperately watch 300, it makes the fight scenes in gladiator and LOTR seem gay in comparison. Those Spartans are nails...

(bad guy) "our arrows will blot out the sun"
(Spartan) "So will shall fight in the shade"

cool as a cucumber.

Later Mr Ed.

The bastard child of Gene Hunt said...

Ashley,am I the only one that 'welled up' with that speech at the end?

Unknown said...

Not at all, the speech is very moving, although slightly ruined by the fact that I was trying not to bounce around my living room swinging a pretend sword....I also had sudden cravings for red raw meat...

...but what a movie.

Its by from the Graphic Novels of Frank Miller who also created Sin City whhich is another stunningly stylish movie.

S'later

The bastard child of Gene Hunt said...

Hmmm. Sin City, gratuitous arthouse violence. A dark exercise in cinematography. Both twisted and genius.

Apocalypto... now there's another instant classic. Superb direction and casting, gorgeous set pieces and a well written storyline. Good job Mr Gibson. Found myself cheering the arrival of the Spanish. "Ola, come on you 'fish thieves', take their gold, slaughter the Godless bastards that wont convert to Christianity, and give the remainder syphilas and small pox while you're at it"

Ed said...

Sin City, what a movie, I've only seen it on the PSP (3 for £10 at Game), I'm having difficulties getting it on DVD round here. Can't wait to see it on the 50"

As for Apocalypto, if the film doesn't come in English I'm not interested, reading all the subtitles just irritates me, if I want to do that much reading I'll read a book.

The bastard child of Gene Hunt said...

But dude, be serious... did Aztecs back in year 'dot' speak with Yank accents? And would a really evil high priest arch nemesis warrior have typical English received pronunciation like the Queen? I think not old boy! Accuracy rules

Anonymous said...

Let me summarize Apocalypto for you:

Peaceful village gets ambushed.
At the last moment, village man manages to hide away his son and very pregnant wife.
Last villager is captured and thrown into desperate clutches of co-villagers.
Grotesque human sacrifices go on and on and on and on.
Last villager man manages to escape.
Marauding tribesmen follow last villager man to his village where he's trying desperately to save his wife, who has since given birth.
Last villager man, wife, and now two children escape.
Last villager man and family arrive at the beach, shortly followed by marauding tribe, and all open their eyes in wide wonder as great ships bearing European explorers pull up on shore and begin unloading.

The End.

Ed said...

Thanks for the synopsis, you jewel.
You saved me from wasting 132 minutes of my life reading a film.
I know my last comment about me not wanting to read subtitles makes me look shallow ah well.
I once watched the TV series Das Boot and that was in German with subtitles, what a chore that was. I was made up when Wolfgang Peterson made a film version, because now I could watch the movie on DVD and everyone spoke English, albeit with thick German accents, fabulous.

Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

I coined Kitchen Sink Jenga! Isn't it awesome? We also play Garbage Can Jenga at my house.

Ed said...

Be quick and get them all copyrighted under the umbrella name of "household jenga", this time next year we'll be millionaires.