Saturday, February 02, 2008

It gets earlier and earlier...

The festive / holy / commemorative times of the year no longer have meaning or purpose.

This is in part the fault of ourselves for falling into their hands but mostly it's down to greedy shopkeepers, from the smallest of corner shops to the biggest Walmart owned affair like Asda.

I like my holidays to be at the times they have always been, the time it says in the diary. I'm not going to rant on for much longer, but some of you may remember when I went to visit niece number 1 at uni last year ( half way down the entry you'll see an xmas tree in September).
Well last night I saw my first Easter egg advert on the goggle box.
It's only the 2nd of Feb!
OK the cynic in me was expecting to see them in the shops the day after boxing day to be honest.

Just makes me SOOOO ANGRY!!
Rant over.

Odd little dream last night, well this morning (what was left of it).
I was having a go with the AK47-M (aeg) that I own, I came up on aim at the box I use as a target, I squeeze the trigger and the next thing that happens is a bright muzzle flash a huge bang and the box blows apart.
Some ratbag had swopped my airsoft gun for a real one! I'm so surprised that I start to wake.
I'm coming out of a deep sleep and I'm almost awake, when my mobile rings, it's loud and right next to me.
I honestly didn't know that it was possible for a man of my size to get airborne from a standing (well lying) start.
It was a text from T telling me what a busy morning her and the lads have had and what a fun packed evening they where all set to have. Cheers for the wakeup text.

1 comment:

Ed's next door neighbour said...

Well, Easter is really early this year ... have to say though, that I'm never going to argue about Mini Eggs and Creme Eggs being in the shops!!

Sounds like a fun dream to me! Will you be needing a new box?