Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Pleasure and pain

And whacking great chunks of frustration.

Remember me being rather smug and happy about my tax rebate the other day?
Good, that was the pleasure alluded to in the title.

AND NOW FOR THE PAIN AND FRUSTRATION, read on.


It's ten to three in the morning and I've just spent a futile 4 hours trying to get my broadband modem to cooperate. The last two LED's that should be steady, indicating a strong and locked connection are flashing on and off like demented fireflies, indicating that I have NO connection.
It's the wee hour of the morning so phones are not being answered, the online help section is no help either as it wont recognise the email address THEY GAVE ME! So that I can log on and talk to a 24hr tech bod. Fuckers!

I'm typing this only because D next door didn't remove the permissions for my computers to connect to his wireless network, something I had up till 4 hours ago. Thanks D another bottle of what you fancy inbound for that.

Why didn't I just go to bed at a sensible time and sort it all out when the rest of the UK is awake?
Well I'll tell you.
At about 11:30m I decided on a hot choc and a 2 finger kitkat (from the fridge) and then once that repast had been consumed I would turn in, a plan with no drawbacks.
I had a few sips of the minty hot choc, yum, and decided to have a go at the kitkat (my favourite choc bar).
I opened the wrapper and took a bite across the two fingers, as is my wont.
There was a loud snap, not at all like a wafer biscuit covered in chocolate, but sounding more like a tooth giving way. Oh BOLLOCKS!!! FECK!!!!
It turned out that there was no wafer center just chocolate, VERY SOLID and above all else, VERY FUCKING HARD chocolate.
I used to like getting those oddities of the kitkat world, not any more *sulk*

I now have a broken and painful tooth on the left side as well as the right, fucking marvelous!
I'm sorry for the language but all I can think of at the moment is the pain that is stabbing through my head like a bloody ice pick!

As soon as it happened I decided to log on at my dentists and ebook an appointment for tomorrow.
That is when I found out that my modem had hung and that my wireless network had gone off line. I tried the laptop in the kitchen, nada. I tried the desktop in the front room, nada. I tried the wii, nada. I tried both PSP's, nothing.
The only way I could get on line was on my mobile and seeing as it's only got £40 worth of credit on it I would run out before I found the dentists site logged on and booked an appointment.
ARSE BISCUITS!!

Then through the haze of pain a thought arrived and got my attention.
What about D's wifi network, see if you can still log on to that.

O.K. I'll give it a go.
Well bugger me with a fish fork! It worked.
It worked once I disabled the LAN connection and reactivated the wireless link.
Hurrah!!

So I've made a request for treatment and hope to hear from them not long after they open.

Oh and the NHS out of hours service runs from 6pm till 9:30 at night. So the message is clear, don't have any dental adventures during the night.

Sleep is off the menu for what remains of the night as I am limited to the pain killers I can take due to a totally uninteresting and ongoing medical condition I have.
This is one of those time that I wish one of my toys was real.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop drinking


TTFN

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like you chose the wrong week to quit sniffing glue....love that film.

And a solid kitkat...you found the grail. Its such a rarity to find something so beautiful and pure.

Hope you get a dantal doc to fix your gnashers mate.

Ashley

PS. Bill Bailey tonight woo hoo.

Eryn said...

Gah - that sucks! Here's to quick dental care.

(I almost said quick and painless, but, yeah, right!)

Anonymous said...

I'm still afraid of my crown that I got after my root canal. Teeth stink. I wonder if they'll be phased out as humans evolve? We'll just eat mush. Soft mush and we'll just gum Kit Kats until they become mush.

Bezzie said...

Yikes. I reckon you shouldn't venture outside today lest your luck continue and a piano falls out of a window onto you. Hope your stars get back into line soon!