Friday, November 23, 2007

Six Hundred Bad Boys!

I can hardly believe my eyes, I keep reading it, over and over. No it hasn't changed since yesterday and it hasn't changed since the last time I checked, two minutes ago.
My pension cheque is up by £600, my rebate came thru', hip hip hip hooray!
Of course you know what this means don't you?
That next months cheque will be half its normal size, but that will be then and this is now.
My first ever (and probably last) tax rebate. So apart from the new slim and light PSP I have just bought, what can I blow the rest on?

Remember when Christmas used to be in the second half of December?
I ask the question because I think the date(s) has(have) changed. It's the 23rd of November and the lights are up and on in town, the shops are in full x-mas mode and the crowning turd in the water pipe is the house opposite who have their decorations up and the window dressed, at night it looks like Blackpool.
I actually like Christmas, no really I do. But I like Christmas to be at Christmas not just after Bonfire night. Isn't it supposed to be the twelve days of Christmas?

That being said, I'll have to start Christmas shopping soon.

Rant over.

Here's a question for those that know me.
Do I look like a vicar?

The Post Office seem to think I do and that my house looks like a vicarage. Again I got a delivery intended for some holy man in Seacombe, this time I was able to give it straight back to the posty, normally I'm not so fortunate.
It's not always the Post Office' fault as the address is sometimes half correct, house number, street name and post code. But not always.
I handed this latest parcel back to the postman and asked him if he was going to the vicarage with it this morning, he said yes, so I asked him if he wouldn't mind asking the vicar to tell everyone in his address book his correct address as I'm getting pissed off getting his mail and having to take it to the Post Office for re-direction only to get some of it back thu' the door the next day.

The laptop in the kitchen is not feeling very well, its hard drive is failing and I'm sure it wont be around in the new year.
I have two options open to me.

1. Replace the hard drive myself
2. Get a new laptop.

Decisions decisions.
If I go for option two, do I get the standard Microsoft loaded style or do I go for a Mac.

The reason I'm even thinking about getting a Mac is the fact that Windows® Vista© is ©®@p™. No one using it is happy with the fact that things that worked with xp don't work with vista. Those clever Americans refuse to buy it but we are getting it forced onto us whether we like it or not.
Will my programmes work with OSX if I get a Mac? Because sure as eggs is eggs, my stuff wont work with vista.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Getting the vicar's post isn't so bad. We've been getting Mr Carr's stuff for ages: and then Mr Carr's next door neighbour (Rhoda's equivalent) took delivery of £800 of PC equipment. We never got it. And given we (eventually) got a refund, we don't think the courier firm - who were blatantly at fault - ever found it either.

I'd happily take delivery of everything from their road if I though all our stuff was actually coming here!!

But maybe you would look good in a dog collar ... ;)

Anonymous said...

Dude,

As much as I am Mac obsessive and would tell everyone to buy Mac...I would say do your research before you do. Knowing how much you have invested in your PC stuff it may be harder for you to switch to Mac.

Macs do have a programme that basically runs windows operating system on a mac, and these days most software is universal (if its all new enough, all this intel due core stuff). The newest operating systems for mac came out 2 weeks ago and has a few bugs in it but I know they are being resolved. Dom just baought a Mac last week for his photography stuff at Uni. 20" flat screen...thats it, hardrive is built into the screen....so cool.

I think they are great, I'd just think hard about what software you use everyday and how much you want to spend as unfortunately all Mac stuff is more expensive than the PC equivalent. You would be joining the elite though.

Gimmie a call if you seriously want a Mac and we can talk about options.

Ashley

PS, no I don't get commission for trying to sell Macs bbut I sodding well should.

Ed said...

Hi D+J,
it makes me wonder about the level of honesty in society when someone will accept stuff that blatantly isn't theirs and keep it, theft is still theft. Gits.

Hi Ash,
Lots to think about there, cheers.
I may just get the hard drive and get a copy of xp from America on the internet. But still not totally decided, a Mac may look good on my coffee table.

Anonymous said...

you need to rephrase that last part.

A Mac WOULD look good on your coffee table.

They look great anywhere.

Ashley

Anonymous said...

Also,

you could avail yourself of the greatest gadget in the world...you could own an iPhone. Theres a deal-maker if ever I saw one.

ashley out.

Ed said...

When the iphone comes on Virgin as a pay as you go phone for under £200 I'll consider it.