Friday, December 21, 2007

Dipsolushious Vacation 2

That's it, I'm off till the 2nd. Yippeee!

And I've finished my xmas shopping and done the wrapping, so now all I have to do is the food and booze trip then I'm golden.
The only down side is that lil' sis wont get her gift until the new year, she's going abroad with hubby for the holiday.


I've even been to a popper traditional butchers shop with game birds hanging up. I went there with the bloke I'm work shadowing, he's a chap who likes his cooking and he decided that this year he was having Pheasant instead of turkey. The shop was preping a couple of turkeys and a couple of other big birds for an order.
They cure all their own stuff and make a range of yummy sausages. I got two venison, two wild boar and four Toulouse sausages along with a chunk of Stilton and ginger, my plan is to use the Toulouse sausages with the Stilton in a light pastry, do some steamed veg and have a glass of white to go with it. Oh yeah!
The shop is called Adams and here's the link, their site hasn't been updated in a year, but they're still trading. Sausage link.
Next time I go I'm bringing my camera, the phone camera would not do it justice.
They even had a motorised Santa in te window that was climbing up and down a ladder, small minds and all that.

So, after that little shopping spree I invited M+P up for a fry up tomorrow afternoon, did I mention the fat free black pudding? Got some of that as well, Paul got it for himself but didn't realise until much later that it was the wrong stuff, he wanted the one with the huge blobs of fat in it, so I got it off him, I'll have to remember to pay him in the new year although I doubt Paul will let me forget.

Right, I'm off to do some top level channel hopping, and a few cans of cider.

Chin chin.

No comments: