Sunday, December 30, 2007

Oh my god! My hands!

Yes it's late.

I'm gving my plastic a kicking on iTunes.

Waiting for some sounds and video do download and I look at my hands. Well you have to be looking at something, don't you?

My fingernails are clean and longer than they ever have been, what is going on here.

The skin on the hands is clean and smooth and a little shiny, I can see old scars as light streaks.

Holy hell! I've been unemployed for tooooooo looooooonnnnnnngggggg!

While I don't need to work, I should double my efforts to get a job. Something simple, dirty and manual. Maybe a grease monkey or tool bag carrier, or failing that then maybe a teacher and I could just kneed and squeeze grit to get my MAN hands back.

I remember serving on an old steam (war)ship and my hands were mans hands. Dry, dull, rough and a little cracked in parts. The oven mitt was a mystery to me as I could open and close every steam valve in the boiler room without a rag or glove.

Is this retirement?!! Your hands become SOFT?!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea. But then, I haven't worked in over a year. On the other hand, I'm a woman. So it's either your retirement, or you're becoming a woman, Ed.

My Wii makes me seasick!

The accidental artist said...

Ed: Who’s got my Fairy Liquid?

Iveski: It’s for my skittles.

Ed: I couldn't wash up without my Fairy Liquid.

Iveski: Why not?

Ed: Because it keeps my hands nice and soft.

Iveski: You don't put it on your hands.

Ed: No, I put it in the water…

[goes on talking as he does the washing up]

Iveski: Here’s your bottle back.

Ed: Thank you. You can have it when it’s finished.

Iveski: Will you get another one then?

Ed: I expect so.

All sing please: Now hands that do dishes can feel soft as your face
With mild green Fairy Liquid (ooh Nostalgia!).

Oh yeah, my wee is yellow!

The accidental artist said...

A classic add starring Nanette Newman as Ed and Leslie Ash as Iveski.

Ed said...

K, your Wii makes you sea sick? How? And you're ex navy for Bob's sake! Did you get the extra controllers and at least one more nunchuk?

Hello Iveski, I remember those adds with a great surge of nostalgia, great days....

And Iveski my Wii is white. Just like everyone else's, you wyrdo.