Sunday, January 27, 2008

Who's your favourite South Park character?

Recently I've been watching a lot of South Park, seasons 4-11, and most of it for the first time.
Isn't iTunes great, I've spent a small fortune downloading the series' and other bits and bobs, but it's all good.

The crude animation and the voices that sound the same don't get to me. The rather blunt messages delivered in each episode are brilliantly put across, ideal for the hard of thinking.
Or are they using sarcasm?

Anyway, in the 100+ episodes I've seen I can now say without doubt that I know who my favourite character is.

It's not Kenny, he is a device that is needed so that the others have something to get mad about, as in,
"You/they killed Kenny!"
"you bastard(s)!"
And he gets bumped off with such monotonous regularity that it is just mildly amusing now.

Cartman? Nah. He has no laudable characteristics whatsoever! I do occasionally laugh at what he does but I feel bad about it later. He's a manipulating, self serving, racist f*%k head.

Stan and Kyle are just magnolia I'm afraid but are needed to drive the plot.

So who can you pick as your favourite when most the kids are a bunch of smart mouthed cynics and all the adults are retards?

If you're thinking about Mr Hanky the Christmas poo then you're wrong I'm afraid.

No. My favourite South Park character is ......


















is....










Butters.

He is the only innocent in the whole debauched town, the only real little kid. The people he hangs around with are just small adults. Little people who have become jaded in a very short time.

So now I've shown you mine you have to show me yours.

Just remember the who and the why.



Chin chin

5 comments:

Trillian42 said...

Somehow, I thought you might say Butters. Of course, that could be because he's my fave, too. :D

Anonymous said...

As soon as I read the title of this entry I was thinking of Butters, altough I kind of like Mr/Miss Garrison....His/Her transgender issues and general rage issues make me laugh.

Simple things for simple minds.

Ashley

Bezzie said...

I enjoy Butters, but being one of those kids who was a bit old for her age, I enjoy the others just as much too. I'm thankful that we spent a couple of years in Colorado. It brings a whole new layer to that show and a lot of jokes that would have gone unnoticed.

Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

I like Kyle's mom.

Anonymous said...

It's got to be Timeeeeeeh!!

Nobby