Wednesday, June 13, 2007

At the risk of being a Wii bore...

I was doing a spot of shopping this afternoon, with one aim in mind. Find and buy "Play" for the Wii.
It comes with a free controller, I now have 4 (my set is complete), once I'm finished here I'm off to play.

While I as in town I decided that I would make some spicy tomato and lentil soup when I got home, so off to the market. Two tuna steaks, two lamb steaks, a prime cut of sirloin and a carrier bag full of ripe tomatoes later I was ready to go home and start the soup. It is ab fab. I looked on the web for some recipes but all of them wasn't what I wanted or felt like doing, even J next door offered a recipe but sadly that one needed some oven work, I only use the oven to do casseroles and I don't bake.
So I winged it, just like most of my life and by George it's good.
It's got the following in it:-

  • carrot
  • celery
  • onion
  • garlic
  • 2 Mexican oxo cubes
  • a generous squeeze of purée
  • some lentils
  • 2Lts water
  • a shitload of toms
Yum. That's tomorrows lunch sorted, after I had portioned it out for 8 portions to go into the freezer leaving me with two for tomorrow.

My mate, I, has just started his Blog. The name doesn't exactly roll off the tongue tho'.

thebastardchildofgenehunt

Who is Gene Hunt?

Do we care?

Night night chums.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who is Gene Hunt?!!! Are you seious??!!!

He has spaghetti 'oops for his dinner!!

Ed said...

I googled the name and it's either some American dude or a very clichéd 70's cop on some tv show called life on jupiter or something.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, now I'm definitely gonna send D round with the DVDs .... :)

Ed said...

Oh please, don't bother. NO REALLY DON'T BOTHER!