Friday, June 01, 2007

Who fancies a Wii? cont'd...

It was morning, but when? How long had I slept in after exhausting myself on the Wii the night before? Where's the damn mobile? Right, here it is (opens phone).

SIX BLOODY FORTY BLOODY TWO!!!!?

It's still the middle of the night. The day shouldn't be allowed to be that bright that early surely. (Yes it should and stop calling me Shirley.)

Well wasn't it lucky for me that I had a busy morning ahead of me so that I could capitalise on my unexpected early start. It's turned out nice again too.

First was a trip to the post office, to pick up a package that they couldn't deliver (they needed my signature). The reason that they couldn't deliver was because I was out shopping, actually buying a spare controller for the Wii which was what they where trying to deliver, such larks.
Next it was over to Birkenhead, to see if I could get the nun chuck fitting for the two new controls . You'd think I'd have learned by now wouldn't you. All I achieved fas a visit to the same dumb shops and the same vacuous, spotty faces telling me what I already suspected.
"No. Sorry. Try phoning tomorrow, we get a delivery tomorrow. Bye". Gits.
That wasn't fair of me, it's not the shops fault, they can't get the consoles or the peripherals because Nintendo(om) only make 5 a week.
Well I will do the phone run round tomorrow. Then When I get thru listening to a series of negative replies I'll do what I feel like doing now, going to Amazon.com and buying the add ons that they will have in stock.
While I was over in B'head I took a new game to Game for a trade in. It was Medal of honor 2. The reason it went back was because every time my GI landed he would automatically point his gun at the north star and then spin round and around like a dumb ass all the while getting shot to bits. 2 hours of this and some other equally irritating and baffling behavior and I was ready to hurl the console thru the telly.
So a change of game was called for, enter "Blazing Angels", tricky but not impossible. So MoH2 was changed for "Wario Ware- Smooth Mooves", it's just daft, but good family fun (it's getting another outing tonight).
When I got home Nephew was waiting for me, I was late getting back and while we had a round of golf in the front room the game I ordered on line arrived, "Red Steel", it has a slight cartoon/manga look to it and is like a Kill Bill Sequel (fighting with Samurai swords{awesome} and of course big guns), again the controls are tricky but will get easier, I hope. I doubt I'll ever be as good as the adverts suggest it's possible to become.

Dad popped in for a few hours this afternoon after he'd dropped mum off at the hospital, she's in for a scan on her gallbladder and should be out tomorrow. I'll drop down tomorrow with some flowers and see how it went.

Just having my evening meal while I type this, it's an Aberdeen Angus prime steak (rare) with a bit of salad, yum. Also using some Jack Daniels bar-b-q sauce, thanks to D n J next door for putting me in the way of a bottle. Also I'd like to thank D for giving my Wii access to the wireless network, you rule.

Only an hour to go before England gets humped by Brazil at Wembly, I may flick between the game and the Wii. Damn this steak is good.

TTFN

No comments: