Monday, June 11, 2007

So that's how you do it is it? / "But I don't want any money"...UPDATED

Quotes from a great man, even if some of his ideas have since been debunked.

Went and signed on today for the first time since leaving school. Can you believe the cheek of these people? They actually want me to go back to full time employment! Or I won't get my job seekers allowance, I have already told them to stuff it and that I consider myself as semi retired, that I didn't want any state handout, all I need for them to do is pay my national insurance stamp. Then the slap in the face arrived, "If you don't make the effort to look for work AND report in every fortnight we stop your stamp."
WTF
It was then rather casually suggested that I should PAY the stamp myself, the cheek! and again WTF!!
I consider that is the least a nation can do for one of it's veterans, the paying of your stamp. Obviously I was asking too much and I'm sorry, like hell I am.
They also wanted to know every little detail about my finances, I had to supply all sorts of statements (pay, bank, mortgage, investment, savings etc). They now have a greater understanding of my finances than either myself or my account manager.
Bastards.

Well I am coming to the end of my mega extended holiday and am now thinking of getting some sort of job, only thinking mind.
I would like to get into H&S like I've said before. That may not be possible. Today I logged on to their website to see what was available, the quick answer is feck all if you don't have a degree, "A good one in either engineering or a science". So no good in swatting up on ancient pottery then?
So it looks like the NEBOSH certificates in COSHH assessment and Workshop assessing and managing safely can now be used in lieu of loo paper. Not to mention 22 years experience in a wide range of engineering situations counting for nothing. It was certainly a kick in the confidences reading their website. B+Q here I come.

Also today I put in my application to join a doctors group practice. I have to phone back on Wednesday, probably to be told, "Sod off! sick note"
Well we shall see soon enough. At least one thing is sure and that is I have more chance of becoming the space pope than getting taken on as a NHS dental patient in the area/countRy*

On a happier note I made a big pan of that Persian stew I like and will be portioning that out in a bit and popping it in the freezer for ron.

Also now that I know how to post youtube stuff on blogger I'll have to get a youtube account, then you can all stand by.

Visit the link below for some wonderful Lego men animation with a Wii twist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eEF9V8gNbQ


TTFN

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The space pope?
Who is Ron? Is he your domestic partner? And why don't you become a chef, since you're such a grand cook?

Ed said...

You know, the space pope, from Futurama. He brought us such clasic films as "Don't date robots" and "electro-gonorrhoea:- the noisy killer!"

You seem to be labouring under a misapprehension as to my domestic status (single hetro). I was putting the stew away for ron, later on. Gedit?

And as for becoming a chef, well I enjoy cooking too much as a necessity / way to while away an afternoon. I think that if I did it for a living I'd go quite mad.

Helped?

TTFN

Anonymous said...

You and your brit slang, chuck! So charming!

Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

I kinda get a little turned on whenever I read what I assume are Brit words and phrases which I don't understand on your blog, Ed. THANK FECK is still my favorite, though.

I'm a complete sucker for a sexy accent. I imagine yours is sensational. Will you call my house and ask for Ms. Moneypenny?

Ed said...

You sick puppy PK. I'm from the north west of England, I'm not from Edinburough and thus don't sound like Bond in Gold finger, sorry.
But as soon as I work out how to BLOG sound, I'll send 2 samples and you can pick wich one is me. I may even tell you what one is me. But I suspect you'll get it first time.

Brought to you from the Wii, I'm now KNACKERED!!!

Anonymous said...

Knackered!
Wonder what that did to PK's knickers! Tee hee...

Ed said...

Easy now...

Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Do they use the phrase "creamin' my jeans" over there, Ed?

Ed said...

Yes, sort of. Replace jeans with pants or knickers.

Visited OLPP's old posts for a laugh before, very wooly.
You're next!

Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

I am strangely turned on right now.