Wednesday, June 06, 2007

A flat spin...

...is what I'm in at the moment.
I thought I'd get the ball rolling in respect to registering as unemployed and therefore getting my stamp paid. An hour and a half on the phone chatting to some bod from the DHSS to get an appointment with someone from the job centre next Monday. Oh and I'm getting "job seekers allowance", I didn't think I'd be entitled, for two reasons.
1. I'll soon be drawing a forces pension (an income, am I right?)
2. I thought you had to be actively seeking work (I'm still on dipsolushous vacation)

Anyhow, I'm now stuck next to the phone waiting for a call from the job centre (10 mins to go and then they're adrift). Said call is to finalise some questionnaires and details about me and to confirm the time and day of the face to face appointment, I'm quite dizzy with anticipation.
Now on to the reason I'm in a spin. I was told that I'll need two forms of ID with me when I go to the interview at the job centre next week. Fine thinks I, I'll use my passport and my discharge note from the navy.
Right if I where a passport or a discharge note where would I hide? I think the last time I saw them was when I took a trip to Pompy the other month to visit D,K and A. And to visit HMS Nelson's sick bay for a last lot of pills.


As I wrote that last bit about the pills my inner monologue said to it's self,
"hang on a mo, the passport and discharge note aren't in the paper bags with the pills are they?". "did I put them in there after I left the pharmacy?"

First I stop typing, then my head swivels round and I look at the bags on top of one of the kitchen cupboards, "nahh, surely not".
Up I get, stroll over, reach up, look in first bag, "Nada!", look in second bag, "Thank Feck, found them!".
What a relief. I thought I'd have to dismantle the house to find them, that's saved me a job then. I'll have to text D and cancel the request that he check his place (spare room), just in case I left them at his place.
God's I feel like a right wally.


I think I'd like to unwind with a nice big mug of milky tea about now.

TTFN

3 comments:

Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

My goal for today is to say "Thank Feck" as many times as appropriate adult conversation will allow.

Hey Ed, it's occured to me that I haven't yet seen a proper photo of you. If you post one (or, if you'd prefer to rectify this privately, you may email it to me directly), I'll make it worth the effort.

(wink wink)

Anonymous said...

My my!

I hardly know what to say after that.
A right wally? Is there a left wally? What's a wally?

Ed said...

PK, calm yourself please. Check out my profile pic, this one is me this time. I promise.

OLPP, a wally is a silly or inept person and the plural is wallies (now that sounds extremely rude), it has it's origin in Britain in the 60's, just like me.
Has that helped?
Your shawl, thing seems to be coming on a pace.