Sunday, June 17, 2007

I've gone BLONDE!!!!

Hello pals, it's me again.

It was a friend's birthday bash yesterday and a jolly good time was had by all. It gave me the opportunity to catch up with some old friends, meet his new missus for the first time and to finally meet his landlord, the eponymous "Dr Death". Dr Death got his nickname from the fact that he is about 6'2" (he'd be about 6'5" if he stood upright instead of lurching around in a permanent stoop), his eyes I am informed are always, always bloodshot (Christopher Lee's Dracula stylee), he takes prescription pills bought over the internet, on top of the ones his doctor prescribes for his panic attacks and crippling agoraphobia. His 80 year old mother still does his washing and he also leaves food stuffs to go off, off to the point that I was at a loss to work out that what I was looking at on one trip to my friends digs, I thought it looked like a magnified picture of a Petri dish, it turns out it was a pack of 6 bread rolls. I lack the skill to describe what eventually happens to an innocent steak when left on the counter for about a month and a half.
Anyway, we started in the Cask and ended up in a working men's/pool club, the next thing I know is it's 3am and we're leaving to go to my mates missus' house so we could all get taxis home. I feel that I had as good a time as my friend did but by bob I'm paying for it now and it's 5 to 11pm, I have felt dreadful all day, natures way of telling me that I'm not 25 any more and can't get away with such activities, ho hum.

So as you can imagine it was a rather late start for me today, pity really as I had such a great deal to do before tomorrow, not the least was to go to M+D's and give D his father's day card and present. I felt really bad that I couldn't stay longer than I did, but I had to come home to empty one final cupboard full of crap and wipe down the walls of the kitchen prior to the kitchen fitters coming tomorrow morning. I've done most of the walls but I had to stop or I was going to kill myself, you see I don't have any step ladders and so had to use a wooden chair from the dining room, a very old chair, so there I am standing with one foot on the chair, one foot on the counter top and reaching over the cupboards at full arm stretch. So after the second heart stopping slip I decided that I wasn't quite ready to leave this realm and stopped. At least it's given me time to do this.

I've gone blonde as well, well my beard has, ok a very light ginger then. But my beard is now light enough to take a dye and as soon as the purple dye from Urbanity arrives I'll show you all.
The bleaching kit I got worked very well indeed, especially after two applications, face stung a bit on the second application. I found out the next day that some blistering had occurred, as my beard was matted in two small areas, it's all better now and in a few weeks I'll give it another application to get it lighter before putting the dye in it.
Oh! and here's the important bit that I paid no attention to, don't keep the mixture once you've mixed it and then used it! I did. I even put it in the fridge to keep it cool in case it did react in it's little plastic bottle with an unstopped nozzle. The next time I see the little plastic bottle (about 18hrs later) the contents are now filling the bottle tray of my fridge and still oozing out of the bottle thanks to some bizarre exothermal reaction. Shit!
But not to worry none of the cider was ruined, oh and the food was ok too.

Just listening to Eddie Izzard on the radio while trying to type this, it's an audio broadcast of a show he did in New York. Very Very funny stuff. The first division, transvestite platoon, the guy is Brilliant. He's just finished the first part of the gig and gone into the interval, only trouble is the interval on this radio station is a week long, damn!

At the risk of offending any baseball lovers out there, I will now combine a theory and a question, and ask a question of the American national game.
Is baseball the bastard child of cricket and rounders? (a rather dull game mixed with a game played by small children?)







The pics are from the park near my house and I took the images on my phone, hence the reason that the quality isn't that good. The local cricket team playing some guests.














Now it's time to find out if blondes do have more fun.

I'm off now to check my blogmates sites and then to bed.

Nighty, night.

4 comments:

The bastard child of Gene Hunt said...

If its any consolation you've probably destroyed any traces of DNA in those bleached hairs (the tags are knackered). The mind boggles.

Anonymous said...

Never mind the petrified shin, oh the pain.

Anonymous said...

Nice purple (you were spotted by a passing motorist bottom of Trentham Road earlier ... :)))

Ed said...

Yes as next door said I'm now no longer blonde I'm purple.

DNA dead, good. At least the law wont get my stuff that way.

Didn't get the shin reference?