Saturday, June 09, 2007

Two out of three...

Three things should have happened today but only two did, isn't it always the way of it.

The new component cable for my Wii arrived this morning, hurrah, and the picture quality has improved a bit, not much but it has improved. You have to remember it is a Nintendo and so the graphics are a bit cartoon like. Now all I have to do is to persuade the damned thing to connect to the internet over the wireless network that it CAN see and see WELL. I'll give it a while longer before I send it back to Amazon.

Next on the list of three was that my ancient analogue tv aerials where replaced this afternoon. The one that replaced them is huge, has an amplifier and does the job of the two old ones but much, much better. The picture on the plasma has improved to the same standard than it was in the shop the day that myself and Nephew viewed it. Also I can get all the channels I should have been getting from the start but couldn't thanks to the two bent coat hangers masquerading as antennas. The day keeps getting better and £130 well spent (first quote was £200, like that was going to happen).

I've just had to stop and answer the phone, only to be confronted by a rather slurred voice demanding to know who I was. Not the strangest of phone calls I've had. I asked him what number he had dialled, he told me and he was only out by 2 numbers, it was then that I remembered listening to an American comedian on the radio who was put in a similar position and decided to mess with his callers mind, he did this by saying that the caller had dialled a different number, a number that had none of the digits that the caller had claimed to have dialled. He then does an impression of the caller asking his wife to dial as he thinks that he had the phone upside down or something. Well that's what I just did to the drunk/stoned bloke who demanded to know who I was (it's funnier when told on stage by a professional and not typed badly by an oddball).

Hang on a sec, the telly is on in the front room and some god awful show with Graham Norton in it is on, I've got to turn it off before my mind melts, excuse me a min.


Right I'm back, I've put BBC2 on and am now listening to "Coast", much better.

The third thing that should have happened today is the arrival of a plumber/bathroom fitter to have a look at my shower and to give me a quote on replacing a bath, sink and loo. Like I said 2/3 isn't too bad. There is nothing really wrong with the bathroom trio, they all work. It's just that they're a bit dated, you look at them and you can almost say to within a year when they where fitted, lets see if you clever people can guess the decade if I tell you the colour, it's BROWN. I like the look and layout of my bathroom (and the fact that the loo is in a room of it's own) It's just the colour has now got on my wick and has to go.
The kitchen gets done this month, I can't wait. 10 days and counting.

My house backs on to a park, a park that has allotments and I'm pretty sure that someone has just fertilised their plot as it now smells distinctly rural in my kitchen, as I sit here typing this with the sliding door open to let in a slight balmy evening breeze (the weather here today has been redders).

One last thing before I go. PK, your email link on your blog isn't compatible with firefox, well not with the one on my machine, and so I couldn't mail you, ho hum.

TTFN

PS

Just checked my email and was the proud recipient of my first scam email here is the text as was in the email. How stupid do they think we are and how did this piece of crap get my email in the first place?!

From: MichaelKwasi.
Manager, International Commercial Bank Ghana Limited.
First Light Branch,
Accra, Ghana.

Attn: Friend

I got your contact during my search for a reliable person to entrust this huge transfer project with.

I am Michael Kwasi, Manager, International Commercial Bank Ghana Limited, First Light Branch, Accra-Ghana.

I write to solicit your assistance in a transfer deal of US$2, 850.000.00. This fund has been stashed out of the excess profit made last year by this branch of the International Commercial Bank in which I am the manager. I have already submitted an approved end of the year report for the year 2006 to my head office here in Accra and they will never know of this excess.

I have since then, placed this amount of US$2,850.000.00 on a Sundry account without a beneficiary.

As an officer of the bank, I cannot be directly connected to this money thus I am impelled to request your assistance in receiving the funds as the rightful beneficiary.

I intend to part 30% of this fund to you while 70% shall be for me. I do need to stress that there are practically no risk involved in this. It's going to be a bank-to-bank transfer. All I need from you is to stand as the original depositor of this fund.

If you accept this offer, I will appreciate your timely response.

With Regards,
Michael Kwasi

What a prick!

2 comments:

Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

I've gotten that scam sent to me before, I posted about it too:

http://beholdmybrilliance.blogspot.com/2006/04/what-am-i-flypaper-for-freaks.html

Email me at witlikerapier AT yahoo DOT com. ;)

Ed said...

Seen it. It's FAB.


Sorry this is late. (smooch)