Monday, August 21, 2006

LACKING IN DIRECTION

It's Monday, nothing happening at work, so taking the afternoon off so I can expend some mental energy in trying to figure out what it is I want to do with my life after this job is done with next year.

I'm going to need to figure out what it is and what training I'm going to need. I have one option in mind already, millionaire's bastard for the job and the training will consist of learning to drive a yacht and how to order the perfect pink gin.

Seriously haven't a clue!!!!

Something indoors with no heavy lifting, the preisthood? Nahh.

All I know is that I don't want to do what I've been doing for the last twenty two years one day more than I have to.

At the moment I feel like the least together guy on the planet.

what's worse is the albums I bought the other day and transferred to my ZEN, well there are dropouts in the playback, that will be down to the prog running in the background that is supposed to free up system memory, I'll have to rip the damned things again, ho hum.

4 comments:

OLPP said...

i forgot to ask, what does it mean to go up to the smoke?
as for your Zen, there is an old Buddhist proverb that goes a little something like this: "Fretting about mp3 players named Zen misses the point. All will be well."

And join the "I don't know what to do with my life" club. you're in good company, chuck!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ed;
Another knitty head here...
Just wanted to let you know that (as Tom Jones once said) it's not unusual....
Take your time to figure out what you want to do, and whether or not you really want what you think that may be, or if you are just in a funk.

Life is ours to take, if we are ready to grab the brass ring. ;-)

Ed said...

Cheers to you both, more thought needed tho'

Ed said...

Going up the smoke-going up to the smoke, means going to London for those (lucky enough) who don't live there.