Friday, August 04, 2006

Little sis is visiting from down south and is staying with me. Haven't seen her in ages, she looks well, her new man seems to be very good for her (ahhh).
The last few days have been a frantic round of visiting friends and family for her, and let's not forget the shopping and a trip to the hair dresser. Poor girl is knackered, early night tonight. She's planning to paint the town red tomorrow with big sis and niece number one, but plans to spent some quality time with niece number two during the day. I'm hoping to spend some gadget time with nephew.

Because of some work on the house now being deferred until next year I had some money burning a hole in my pocket, HAD (past tense) some money. It would appear that it's not just girls who do "retail therapy", as I went out and spent some of the money I was going to lavish on the house. I needed a new TV for the bedroom (yes it's sad but that's all I do in my bedroom, that and the occasional sleep) as the one I've had for the last 15 years finally went fiitzt! The other day so it was out with the old and in with a nice and shiny LCD 20", looks nice but I'll have to get a stand for it as it is sitting on top of a cardboard box that is itself on a rocking chair. An accident waiting to happen.

While in the kitchen (a place I spend a lot of time in, the computer is here) I quite fancied a mug of coffee, a splendid beverage that I always allow to go cold before drinking it it's a habit of mine. Anyway as I was looking for a teaspoon to stir the coffee with I was suddenly struck by the fact that the cutlery draw was a complete hash of various styles and makes of knives, forks and spoons and not one complete set amongst the whole lot, "it'll have to go" thinks I. Next as I was getting my mug I noticed the same disarray in the plates and bowls situation. The upshot of all this is that I went to a large store (that rejoices in the fact that is part of the wallmart family) near my house (twice) and got as well as the telly, new crockery, cutelry and a microwave oven, the old oven being damaged (well you're not supposed to use them if the doors are damaged), how else could I do a baked potato. I also had to get a new landline phone for big sis because when I phoned her to see if her hubby could give me lift in his car with all the boxes (I only have a pushbike I can't drive you see) she dropped the phone into her full mug of coffee, last time it was the sink, delicate electronics and liquid of any kind don't mix so the phone died again, last time it took a month for all the water to evaporate and she could use the phone again, anyhow the new phone is a twin set cordless job so if sis drops it in any more liquid then she has a spare.

Also got lots more spices a sieve and a ladle, not terribly exciting I know but there you are.

No comments: