Monday, May 14, 2007

A correction...

It would seem that my use of someone else's words may have led some readers to believe that I am in fact married. Nothing could be further from the truth. I am more than happy in my singledom and long may this state of affairs continue. To say that I'm a little set in my ways is a gross understatement and I would not wish myself on any woman in the blessed union of marriage, no matter what she had done to deserve that fate.
The phrase, "I hate you, my wife hates you and everybody down our street hates you", is a direct quote from a listeners letter to the BBC. The letter was one of complaint (obviously) and was directed at Tony Hancock after the first or second of his radio shows, Hancock's half hour.
Sorry for any misunderstanding caused.

Thanks to A for some more top line PC bashing in my comments box, git.
How are you all down there in sunny Pompy?

A great big thanks to J next door for putting me onto directions to get all that I'll need for a ridiculously coloured beard, marvelous.

And finally.
I've got to find out where to look on "my space" for our K and A's sites, I've been told that one is bright and colourful and the other dark and sinister. I'll let you know what I find in due course.

TTFN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well. That's some relief. I was wondering why she'd never before been mentioned, but now it all makes sense. As much sense as is possible to glean from your posts, I mean.

Ed said...

You're up late.