Sunday, May 27, 2007

How the lack of 3D glasses is making me ill...

Me again.
Right this is a request from me to my UK chums only (sorry everyone else).

I am in desperate need of some 3D specs. I've had, on my computer, some 3D pics of the sun taken by NASA's STEREO Space craft and I've had them some time now without the ability to view them properly. It's driving me potty, not being able to see them as is intended,
So, when you're in a news agents buying a paper or a magazine would you please check the comics as well just in case one of them has a 3D strip inside and will therefor have the specs I NEED taped or pinned to the cover. I'd be ever so grateful. I even have 3D movie clips of said star to look at as well.
So please give generously.

I've looked on line for the specs, but in all the cases I looked at you have to either spend a minimum of £10 or buy a min of 500. £10 is too much and in the other instance I've only the one head. Hmmm, I suppose that with the remaining 499 pairs I could make something crap that'll be a dead cert to win the Turner prize.
So get on with the search you lot!

Right finished with that, so hello to all my foreign pals.

Did a spot of shopping the other day at the ASDA, mostly for some salad gear, an album and a few other bits and bobs. Nothing spectacular I will admit, however one of the bobs was an impulse buy. I got for the first and probably last time, some pastrami (200g of the stuff).
Watching so much American tv as we do over here (our networks will insist on buying some crap!) you get the feeling that everyone in the US who when eating out isn't eating a burger will ask for a pastrami on rye, hold the mayo. It's everywhere.
When I got home it was lunch time and I didn't fancy a burger, so I had a pastrami sandwich on whole grain with tomato while holding a jar of mayonnaise.

GODS THAT STUFF IS FOUL!!

I count myself blessed that I like English mustard, because the next time I tried this new meat product was with half a jar of Coleman's finest yellow goo lathered liberally between the two bits of bread. I could still taste the beef/liver/miscellaneous organ flavour thru' the mustard. The upshot is 150g made it's way to the bin and I needed to replace my toothpaste tube earlier than expected.

Right lets try and end this on a high and not sound like I'm Yank bashing (which I am most definitely not).

I know.
The album I got was the second offering from Classic FM. Titled Classic FM at the movies (the sequel). Marvelous is all I can say about this album, well not all, because in this outing we actually get to hear some music from Star Trek:the motion picture AT LAST! You couldn't move for Star Wars music in the last instalment.
It's a nice 3 disc set and is something to listen to while I surf the net or BLOG. Like my profile says, my musical taste is wide and varied.

OMG is that the time!

One last thing. If you like cartoons/anime and music and have a weired sense of humor AND have 1hr 8mins to spare and a couple of drinks on standby, look for and watch AMV hell 3: the movie.
It's the best thing I've seen on the net lately other that PK's and OLPP blogs. Go see for yourself.

Nightie night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can get just about any type of 3d glasses for free over at Rainbow Symphony. Just go to their free stuff page and follow the directions. They have about 6 different kinds of glasses for different applications.