Sunday, May 13, 2007

Pick a colour. Any colour...

Hi everyone,
it's been a while since my last post for two reasons, firstly nothing of any note has happened to me recently (except for my beard getting a little longer), and secondly my computer has been sulking for the last week and refused to let me log on to the Internet, this minor niggle was fixed (I hope) by restoring back to a point some months ago, fingers crossed it'll stay sorted. I know what A will be thinking, "Macs don't have any of the problems PC's have."
I KNOW!!
In fact I have a message to all mac snobs. "I hate you, my wife hates you and everybody down our street hates you", except A.

That feels better. But not much as I've just had to reboot the pc and by using the on off switch, again! This thing needs some love but I'm afraid the only love and attention I could give it at the mo would be very tough love indeed. I think a spell in the pc hospital may be on the cards, I mean I normally do my own bug chasing and fixing but I feel that a comp with these specs shouldn't be having the problems it is having. I'm sure it's all down to windows being crap. Right I've made a command decision, one of the laptops is going to be converted to Linux and I'll see if I can get all my usual stuff done in that enviroment and if I can then Mr Gates' operating system will be sacked from the desktop comp. The trials will start tomorrow. Huzzah!

Popped into the hairdressers shop the other day to ask how much they would charge to dye a beard, mine in particular. This rather simple request was met with some surprise as for a few seconds I was confronted by wide eyed and open mouthed confusion and it gave me the impression that I was looking at some rather attractive (if slightly over made up) bowling balls.
After they had got over the surprise and they found their voices I was left wondering if they had indeed gotten over the shock, as they then went into a round of Umm? Ahh! Ermm!? What do you think? To each other that lasted some minutes. Honestly you'd think that I had walked in and asked for an elephants ear in a bun. When clarity of thought did return and vocal chords where back under control the price was "About twenty quid love". Marvelous says I heading for the door, I 'll see you in July when it's a bit longer.
Now all I have to do is decide what colour I want and what shade, the agony of choice.

That's it for now I'm off over to read what my knitty chums have been up to these last few days.

Chin chin.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ed! You're married? I didn't know that! You're so secretive and crap. Hi Mrs. Ed!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, Mac's Rule.

Although they have there own issues, they just never seem so random as PC's. They usually involve trying to run something far more complex than the spec of computer can handle but the software swears blind its capable of...and vista should be a pretty good operating system...its a carbon copy of OS X on macs...except that apples works...woo hoo.

Sorry, thats enough PC bashing, I should learn to stop teasing the less fortunate.

You should dye your beard purple...red or blue my suggest an affiliation with local football, and green would look mouldy. Purple rules.

Anyway, take it (sl)easy fella.

A

Anonymous said...

20 quid to dye a beard?!! Blimey!!

Try: http://www.directions-retail.co.uk/_pages/shop.htm

Bit of vaseline round the edges to avoid the bleed effect and away you go ...

J