Friday, May 25, 2007

A job for those of job age...

I just sent off for a job application at a place that has a name ALMOST as good as NASA, it's Seacombe Spaceport (LOL).

It's a scientific tourist attraction on the Wirral, it's also a place you should see at least twice in your life (visit JPL once, visit Cape Canavril once but visit Seacombe Spaceport twice{we need the visitors}). Seriously it's great in a Mr A. Tiger way. Just go there.
I spent an entire afternoon there once with my teenage nephew (thinking he'd hate it), we got asked to leave as they had to lock up. I like visiting the place so imagine getting a job there! Need I say more. Now here's the fly in the ointment, if I don't get my dream job it will be because of my age (I am now in my 40's, just) and the fact that I still believe in public transport (petrol 70-80%tax, road tax being diverted to other projects, congestion charges coming to a town near you soon, polluting the environment when buses are already there, revenue cameras everywhere and pay per mile on every road soon to come) so why should I get a license to drive now?
Fingers, legs and pseudopodia crossed.
"Ed for Spaceport tech!"


Don't know how old these albums are but I'm listening to my new acquisitions as I've just put them on the Babbage.
"Minutes to midnight" by Linkin Park:- By far their most melodious and least shouty album to date, gets my vote (the only one that counts in the world of Ed). And seeing as I've upgraded the bluetooth system I can now hear this (and all the other) album (s) all over the house from the one thinking engine, groovy!
Next is "Yours truly, angry mob" by the Kaiser Chiefs ( and looking at them on the front of this latest offering I'm truly surprised they had the mental agility to come up with such a cool name and great sounds, but one of them does look like a young Jhon Peel I suppose that helps).
It's good, really good even if Mr Blinky on the front cover scares potential customers away.
One thing that both albums have in common given that they are very different in genre is that both first tracks are crap.

You know I said that thanks to my upgraded bluetooth thingamajig I could hear music all over the place? Well NOT in the loo it would seem, DAMN!!!

TTFN

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A hoy hoy fella,

Good luck with your job applucation, you if you get it I'll purposely come and visit the spaceport and prod, poke, knock over exhibits and ask relentless annoying questions. lol.

Also, some excellent album choices, you need to get yourself the new Arctic Monkeys CD (I got it at the weekend and listened to it in the car on the way down south yesterday....yet more clever, witty lyrics)

And for reference to your other bloggage, cool 3D glasses. And I love the Darwin signs.

Bugger, I've got to log off as I've just finished my Nortons Security updates and I have to restart my machine.

Take it easy fella.

Ashley

Anonymous said...

Well? Did you get the job?

Ed said...

still waiting for them to send the application form.