Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Lost in Knitty Speak...

Right. Can someone please explain to me what is meant by blocking or something being blocked, where it applies to wool? And show examples please (drawing, photo or line diagram). My engineers curiosity has been piqued. Thanks.

Change of subject.
I did try and have a look at my two nieces "My space" pages on the web. I got to see our K's which was bright, colourful and flashy, so unlike K herself. Well I mean she is bright and colourful but not flashy if you see what I mean.( looks like i got away with that one.)
But I couldn't get to see our A's site in all it's goth (or is it emo?) splendour as you have to be on her list to have access. That in my eyes is brilliant as she's still only 15. (going on 28.)


Mum and Dad came for tea today. Dad is chuffed to bits with his new printer and I'm dead jealous (they brought with them some prints he did, wow!). So I've decided that I'm now in the market for a new one myself and will therfore be visiting the place he got his from at the crack of 2pm tomorrow. I did some pork steaks poached in sweetened cider with some proper mashed potatoes (with proper butter, naughty) and some peas and carrots. The secret is to let the steaks rest in the cooling liquor for 5 or so mins while you finish the veg. Also saves on the need to buy apple sauce. I've had a tin of cider rattling around in the fridge for quite a while now and it was while I was reaching for the milk to put in my tea, while mulling over what to do for M n P, I saw said cider and had a brain wave. I should drink lots of cider instead of tea while I try to work out what M n P would like to eat. The reality was a steaming mug of milky tea and poached Pork for the evening meal. Win win.

TTFN

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blocking description ... sorry, no piccies, but it is well done!

http://www.knitty.com/issuewinter02/FEATdiyknitter.html

Ed said...

cheers J, I just read the link and now know two things:-
1. what blocking is
2. why my fishermans jumper reached my knees after I washed it and let it drip dry on a washing line after I wrung it out.

Anonymous said...

And thus concludes another lesson on How Knitters are Wonderful People.


By cider, do you mean hard or soft? I would sell my siblings for some hard cider right now.
(They all live quite far from me and are in no real danger of being sold.)

Ed said...

Hi OLPP.
If by hard cider you mean cider the alcoholic beverage then yes. I take it that soft cider is just apple juice?